First thing first I was amazed to find a Liebster award on my blog, which honestly started out as record mainly for myself but I also love to share what I find and reading about others searches and I will admit I love looking at everyone else’s photos and documents. so bloggers and readers alike you guys rock! As I am relatively new to blogging and have received to my shock and joy not one but three blog awards one Libster and two inspiring bloggers and only follow a few other blogs I’m going to have to cheat a little and roll them all into one acceptance post, I only follow 13 blogs! but thanks goes out to Mom, Suzie and Lynn, it is an honour thank you! I will admit right now some of my blog nominations have over 200 followers but I don’t follow enough blogs to not include them, you guys forgive me right?
Ok so 11 things about myself,
1. I’m a British expat living in Canada.
2. I’m a psychology student
3. I have two pet rats.
4. I’m an avid reader, mostly of sci-fi and fantasy but will read pretty much anything.
5. I honestly never really liked my last name until I started doing some research and realized how far back it went.
6. I recently bought a violin, it was on sale which is my defence for not having played it for more than a month.
7. I had a publishing contract for the science fiction novel i wrote as a teen but couldn’t afford to publish it.
8. I have a tattoo on my right forearm.
9. I don’t drive yet but i really should, sometimes its a pain.
10. I don’t drink coffee or tea, i know british and i don’t drink tea shame on me!
11. I’d love to be a professional genealogist but psychology is what I’m meant to do but i’d always love to do it on the side.
My questions from Mom;
1. If I weren’t blogging about this stuff I would be…
Sleeping I honestly think I would hibernate if I could get away with it.
2. Who are you named after?
As far as I know nobody, however I get my middle name Glenn from my father
3. I would like my epitaph to read as follows:
Did his best, helped people and someone better look after my genealogy records.
4. Favorite quote:
“To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived – that is to have succeeded” Ralph Waldo Emmerson
5. Something I will never understand is:
why people need to stick their gum everywhere it drives me insane,
6. If I could run around all day everyday, dressed any way that I pleased I would wear:
Oh thats a tough one I do love a kilt, but i also love formal wear, shirt,tie, waistcoat and fob watch and a decent dinner jacket.
7. What class do you wish you had paid more attention to in school?
Math, always math i’m awful at it.
8. Do you write full time?
I wish i could, as a student it’s just not doable.
9. What’s your dream job?
10. Where is your dream Writer’s Corner?
Somewhere warm with a good amount of light, and loads of pillows.
11. What’s the craziest thing you have ever learned about your family?
My 3rd great grandfather was accused and convicted of multiple counts of business fraud, I love reading the old newspaper clippings about it. That and my 2nd great grand aunt married her aunts widow, a man over 10 years her senior to escape the workhouse.
Now for my 11 nominees.
1. Leora- leoraenglishchannel is a blog all about a university professor and her challenge of swimming the English Channel to raise money for charity and all the trials tribulations and sucesses that involves. A worthy cause and well worth a read! Leora
2. On Granny’s Train – A fellow genealogy website packed full of useful tips, brilliant websites and some beautiful photos. A great source for the American West. On Granny’s Trail
3. A Map of Time – A brilliant nautical based blog, by j.g burdette well organized always there with an interesting maritime story and collection of informative photos. Map of Time
4. Brandy Heineman – Another genealogy blog this one with an engaging family history section as well as brilliant writing tips and ideas for getting the whole family involved in genealogy. well worth a read! Brandy
5. Shaking the Tree – Another genealogy blog! This one focuses on suzy’s voyage of discovery for her family history as well as some other very touching discoveries, in particularly her story about a young woman named emily, a fantastic thought provoking post! Well worth the read. Shaking the Tree
6. 19th Century Modern – a facinating blog that combines snippets of the 19th Century clothing styles and fashions and blends them with today, also showcasess some amazing artwork and special events, i”m particularly fond of the new steampunk post! 19th Century Modern
7. Judy’s Family History – Another genealogy blog which follows the lives of Judy’s family, always an interesting story or snipped of information to be found as well as some truly beautiful photographs. Judy’s history
8. Lynnie57- Lynn’s blog follows her family from its current location in Australia all the way back to its roots, a facinatiiong story with many twists and turns and interesting stories. Lynn
9. The Family Kalamazoo – This blog follows the paths of two families from Kalamazoo and how each member had their own impact, a beautiful blog filled with family history, photos and personal insight into the lives of the people included. Kalamazoo
10. Maybe Someone Should Write That Down – This is one of the first blogs I ever followed and im not sorry i did! Mom always has some useful genealogy tips, a striking photo and on occasions tasty family recipes to share. this blog always has that maternal touch and sense that genealogy is always an exciting adventure. Someone Should Write that Down
11. Among my Branches – Another brilliant geneology blog exploring the different branches of one family, i particularly enjoy the exact dates in many of the posts such as 185 years ago today its a nice touch i haven’t seen before and always I appreciate all the photos. Among my Branches
Phew! now for the questions for you guys to answer!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Who is your favourite ancestor and why?
3. What is your favourite time and place to blog?
4. If you could invite 4 people to dinner from the past or present who would they be?
5. what is your ideal vacation spot.
6. If you where an animal which one would you be?
7. What is your most interesting genealogy story?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What is your favourite blog post? provide a link.
10. Where are your family’s roots?
11. What do you hope to achieve in 2013?